Our Golden Mission


Sunday, July 16, 2017

Who is Barry Allen?

My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive!

To understand what I am about to tell you, you need to believe in the impossible!
Can you do that for me? Okay, good.

Before all this speedster stuff, I was just a guy working as an assistant scientist from the Criminal and Forensic Science Division of the Central City Police Department.  I guess my job was simple enough, and I liked working at the police station. My job description involved often being brought to the crime scene to analyze evidence of crime and murder. I would take my samples and leave to go back to my lab to run tests and solve the case.

As I came and went through my lab, I noticed that nobody except the police chief, Joe West, liked me very much. While I was smart, I was often looked disheveled, acted slow and usually late for important police meetups. I wasn’t what you would call an amazing person.

However, while I working on some evidence in my lab one night, everything!
The storm brewing above the building sent out a freak lightning bolt which struck a shelf in my lab, and doused me in electrically charged chemicals.


When I woke up, I found that I could run extremely fast, had quick reflexes and supernatural healing. I knew at that moment that the lightning bolt had chosen me for something greater! I was now tasked with running around Central City, saving people and inspiring them in a flash!


Come help Batman and the rest of the Justice League this summer, by doing the Save the Superheroes Scavenger Hunt in the Children’s Room at the Avon Free Public Library

No comments: